Pico de Loro is one of the places that I want to visit in Batangas. Located only in Nasugbu, Batangas, Pico de Loro is a residential resort in Hamilo Coast. Before, only members of Pico de Loro beach club can stay there. But, now, you can visit and access the facilities as long as you know someone who is a member.
While some people looked forward to #LaBoracay and long weekend, I looked forward to our trip to Pico de Loro a week before the long weekend. I am always a fan of beaches in Laiya, but I know that Nasugbu has great beaches that it can offer too. What’s more exciting is it was a trip with Miguel’s friends.
Miguel and his friends know someone who is a member, and who owns a condo unit too. That made it easier for us to book. This trip is actually one of my travel plans for this year. Now I can finally cross this out on my list.
From Makati, it took us almost 3 hours to get there. Supposedly, our check-in time is at 2 PM. But, we can check-in as early as 12 PM so we left around 9 AM on a Saturday. Before entering the resort, all guests should register first, then they’ll issue a wrist tag for each. During registration, we are required to buy a re-loadable cash card worth Php 1,000. One cash card per group will do!
Here’s what you should know
- If you’re not a member, but you wish to visit this resort, you need to provide an authorization letter from a member. Or, a member should endorse you.
- Only guests, however, listed in the letter can enter Pico de Loro.
- All guests should wear a wrist tag upon registration. This allows you to use their facilities.
- All transactions in the resort are cashless. Thus, the cash card. You can also use debit and credit cards.
- Guests should pay a fee regardless if they are accompanied by a member or not. We are unaccompanied, so we paid PHP 1,300 each.
Book your stay in Pico de Loro
One of the easiest ways to find a member that could endorse you to Pico de Loro is through Airbnb. However, if you don’t have an account yet, sign up using this link to receive up to PHP 2,600 off of your first trip of PHP 3,700 or more*.
My personal recommendations:
*You’ll see more information about your travel credit upon clicking the link.
Our driver dropped us off in Carola B, the condo where we are staying. We then checked-in at the front desk and waited for the unit’s caretaker.
View from the balcony
Do you see what I’m talking about? I didn’t take a photo of the right side of the beach, but more people are staying there. I just really have high expectations on this, and I was comparing it to when my friends and I visited Virgin Beach Resort.
It’s pretty easy to go around Pico de Loro because there are shuttles that you can hop on. We took a shuttle to the beach from the condo.
It wasn’t that far, you can walk to there actually! But since we are not sure where the beach is located, we had to ride the shuttle.
Apparently, there are literally no people in this area. That’s why I stayed on this side too. There are a few people near the shore who are taking pictures, but still, this place seems a lot more calming than the previous photo that I just showed you.
I know that the photos below are a good place to stay. However, it’s not free to use! We were told that you need to pay Php 700. Good thing Kuya let us stay here. We told him that we will just leave it there are guests who want to occupy this place.
So, are you in love with the pictures already? Do you want to visit Pico de Loro now? But, wait! There’s more! Haha. Here are my favorite shots of the pool. I’d like to remind you that these photos were taken at around 7 AM. That’s why there is barely anyone in the pool.
Swimming pool at the country club
Again, we took a shuttle from the beach to the swimming pool. It wasn’t that far, but it’s better to take a shuttle. If you are a large group, you may find it difficult to ride altogether because one shuttle can only accommodate 15 people including the driver.
I like how the shower rooms and changing rooms are air-conditioned. So far it’s the best that I have ever seen! I couldn’t take pictures, but trust me, it’s the best!
What else you can do here
There are a lot more than you can do in Pico de Loro. However, the majority of the activities there are not free.
- Banana boat
- Cove Tour
- Volleyball / Football
- Water taxi
- Swimming Pool
- Baia Ballroom & Foyer
- Cala & Alegria Function Rooms
- Club Pico
- Tennis Court
- Video Game & Karaoke Room
- Bird Watching
- Park Rides
- Row Boat
- Pony Ride
- Board Games
- Table Tennis
- Mangrove Tour
- Accommodation (2-BR): PHP 9,000
- Transportation: PHP 6,000
- Entrance fee: PHP 1,300
- Food: PHP 840
Tips on how to save more
- Go on a group so you could divide the expenses on accommodation and transportation.
- Cook your own food; Or, order your food beforehand and bring it to the resort.
- Visit Pico de Loro on the lean season.
- If you’re friends with a member, invite him/her so you’ll save more. Yes, more.
- Signup using this link to Airbnb to get up to PHP 2,000 off of your first trip of PHP 3,800 or more.
Date of visit: April 22-23, 2017
How to get there
Fastest route by car (up to 2 hours)
- From the Mall of Asia Complex, go straight to CAVITEX exit via the Coastal Road.
- From CAVITEX exit, go straight to Kawit going to Bacao Road and Tejero.
- From the Petron gas station, take the road going to the town of Tanza.
- Continue driving until you reach Ternate.
- Follow the main road leading to Puerto Azul. Turn left to access the Kaybiang tunnel, and then drive until you reach the Hamilo Coast main gate.
By public transportation
- From Buendia or Coastal terminal, take the bus to Nasugbu.
- Once you are at the town proper, alight at SaveMore or Jollibee.
- Take a tricycle to Hamilo Coast (around PHP 200 per trip).
- From Hamilo Coast, take the private shuttle to Pico (around PHP 200 per person).