What would be the best gift to receive? This! A getaway to Sundowners Vacation Villas; Santorini-themed villas in Bolinao, Pangasinan.
One of my travel goals is to visit Santorini someday. Since I’m not financially ready yet for my Santorini trip, the least that I can do now is visit Santorini-inspired places. When I first saw the pictures of Sundowners Vacations Villas online, I instantly fell in love with it. I like its Santorini-themed villas; this will do for now!
Sundowners Vacation Villas (Bolinao) is just a 5-hour drive from Manila. We hit the road as early as 3 on a Friday morning. The check-in time at Sundowners is 2 PM, but we arrived early so we went around Bolinao until we could check-in. Luckily, we were able to check-in at around 1:30 PM.
How to book?
- Visit their website and choose the villa/s that you want to book.
- You can book directly on their website; or, you can contact them at their hotline numbers if you need assistance.
- Globe: 0977 859 7299
- Smart: 0998 544 8070
- Landline: (02) 964 5108
- Fill out the necessary information before booking.
- Pay your reservation.
Sundowners Vacation Villas (Bolinao)
Sundowners Vacation Villas will be your sweet escape from the big city. Every villa has a fully equipped kitchen with dining/bar area, air-conditioned bedroom/s, bathrooms with hot and cold showers, spacious balcony and grilling area.
When we went there, they only have 9 rooms that you can choose from. But, now, they added more.
- Kalachuchi Bedroom 1 – PHP 2,950/PHP 3,950 per night for 2 persons
- Kalachuchi Bedroom 2 – PHP 2,950/PHP 3,950 per night for 2 persons
- Dita Villa – PHP 4,950/PHP 5,950 per night for 4 persons
- Mykonos Villa – PHP 5,950/PHP6,950 per night for 5 persons
- Bayview Villa – PHP 10,950/PHP12,950 per night for 9 persons
- 1BR Cliffside Villa – PHP 8,950/PHP9,950 per night for 9 persons
- Arthur Villa – PHP 10,950/PHP 12,950 per night for 9 persons
- Panoramic Villa – PHP 16,950/PHP 19,950 per night for 12 persons
- Bougainvilla 1 – PHP 3,950/PHP 4,950 per night for 3 persons
- Bougainvilla 2 – PHP 4,950/PHP 5,950 per night for 4 persons
- Couple Jacuzzi Suite – PHP 5,500/PHP 6,500 per night for 2 persons
- Family Marina – PHP 16,950/PHP 19,950 per night for 12 persons
- Family Villa – PHP 18,950/PHP 21,950 per night for 14 persons
- Linda Villa – PHP 18,950/PHP 21,950 per night for 14 persons
- Loft Villa – PHP 10,950/PHP 12,950 per night for 6 persons
- Master Villa – PHP 34,950/PHP 39,950 per night for 18 persons
- Couple Marina 1 – PHP 6,950/PHP 8,950 per night for 6 persons
- Couple Marina 2 – PHP 6,950/PHP 8,950 per night for 6 persons
- Duplex Marina 1 – PHP 11,950/PHP 13,950 per night for 9 persons
- Duplex Marina 2 – PHP 12,950/PHP 14,950 per night for 11 persons
- Marina Bedroom 1 – PHP 3,950/PHP4,950 per night for 4 persons
- Marina Bedroom 2 – PHP 3,950/PHP4,950 per night for 4 persons
- Marina Bedroom XL – PHP 4,950/PHP 5,950 per night for 6 persons
- Marina Poolside 1 – PHP 7,950/PHP 8,950 per night for 6 persons
- Marina Poolside 2 – PHP 7,950/PHP 8,950 per night for 6 persons
- Marina Poolside 3 – PHP 7,950/PHP 8,950 per night for 6 persons
When we booked this room, it was called Couple Villa. But, they changed it now to 1BR Cliffside Villa.
We rented the couple villa which is good for 4 – 6 people. Rent per night is PHP 5,400 (Mon – Thu) or PHP 6,600 (Fri -Sun) for 4 people and below. However, there is an additional PHP 1,200 per person if beyond 4 people.
The couple villa has 1 bedroom with a queen-sized bed and bathroom. The following are the villa inclusions:
- Exclusive use of the entire villa and its amenities
- Free access to the infinity pool and Jacuzzi area, and infinity pool area with kiddie pool
- Free use of kayaks, canoe, and rafts on our sea-front area
Since Sundowers Vacations Villas have a No Corkage Fee policy, you can bring your own food and drinks. Also, you cook your own food inside the villa. If you don’t want to cook your own food, you can order at their restaurant that serves dishes under PHP 200 instead.
- The appropriate time to book a villa is 2 to 3 months in advance.
- You can pay in cash or credit card through PayPal.
- Cliffside villas & private pool villas: 3:00 PM
- Marina villas: 1:30 PM
- Cliffside villas & private pool villas: 12:30 PM
- Marina villas: 11:00 AM
- Wash all the used kitchen utensils before you check-out. But, you can avail of their dishwashing service for a fee.
- They do not provide any dishwashing soap, so you need to bring your own.
- Sundowners Vacation Villas is a vacation house, not a hotel. Make sure you bring your own toiletries.
- They provide 5-gallon water upon check-in.
- You don’t need to bring your own towels. When we stayed there, they already provided us towels. But, you have to bring your own shampoo, soap, and tissues.
- Housepets are allowed. I REPEAT. Housepets are allowed! There is an addition Php 500 per pet though. (I’m going to bring my dogs next time!)
- There are villas that have a private pool.
- They do not have a beach. Though the villas are overlooking the beach.
- Make sure you visit the Patar beach, Bolinao Lighthouse, Bolinao Church, Bolinao Falls, and Enchanted Cave.
- Couple Villa: PHP 4,000 per night (Note: it was booked in 2015).
- Food for two: PHP 890 (This includes our snacks, dinner, and breakfast)
Date of visit: October 28-29, 2016
How to go to Bolinao
By public transportation
Travel time to Bolinao, Pangasinan is around 5-6 hours.
- In Cubao or Pasay Terminal take a Victory Liner or Five Star bus to Bolinao, Pangasinan.
- Alight at Bolinao bus terminal.
- From the Bolinao bus terminal, take a tricycle to Sundowners Vacation Villas.
Also, I got some good news! Sundowners Vacation Villas just recently opened a beachfront resort in Zambales. So, now you have an option to enjoy this Santorini-inspired villa in either Bolina, Pangasinan or Botolan, Zambales.
For more information about Sundowners Vacation Villas or Sundowners Beach Villas, you may visit their website.