Reverse Bucket List: Interesting Moments from 2010 to 2019
Happy new year, everyone! ❤️
It’s the end of the decade so it got me thinking… I should write a reverse bucket list! What happened to me in this decade? What are my accomplishments? I’ve been busy writing down my goals, plans, and bucket lists this holiday season. I can tell that I’m getting caught up thinking about what I could be doing.
So, I’m taking a break and remembering the interesting moments I had between 2010 and 2019. Trip down the memory lane!
My reverse bucket list from 2010 to 2019
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree. Back in high school, I was eager to pursue business or entrepreneurship so that was my course when I studied in Australia. I stopped my studies there and went back to the Philippines, I also pursued and finished a degree in Computer Science.
- I got an offer from my dream company. This company has been my goal since college. I had the courage to apply in 2018 and got an offer from them, but I had to decline. It still felt an achievement that that company wanted me to work for them.
- I had 2 certifications: ISTQB and PhilNits. I still remember when I made a deal with my dad that if I pass PhilNits, he should buy me an iPod Touch. Haha.
- Quit my job without a backup plan. I planned to take a break for a month, but I’m still applying for jobs during my 1-month notice period. I went all out, then I got lucky to be offered a job to Sweden!
- Lived with my boyfriend.
- I got my heart broken but fell in love again. Ending a 7-year relationship wasn’t easy, but I’m glad it ended because I fell in love again and…
- Now, I’m engaged! Miguel & I may not be together for 7 years, but it felt like we’ve been together for that long.
- Indoor skydiving. I don’t see myself trying skydiving so I’m happy I tried indoor skydiving in Singapore!
- Canyoneering. Aahhh, my greatest fear is jumping off the cliff—the very first activity when canyoneering. Haha.
- Surfing. This memorable experience that I want to happen again!
- Nordic ice skating. Ice skating on a frozen lake (while carrying an ~8kg backpack)!
- I had 4 dogs. I had 3 Pomeranians and 1 Siberian Husky before. I gave my pom to Miguel, the other one is still at home with my family, but the other one passed away.
- I moved 7 times. It’s crazy to think that I moved 7 times already! ?
- Learned to drive a car. One of the best memories I had was when my parents asked me to get a parking space in the condo (I wasn’t living with them at that time) for our car because there will be “renovations” in the garage. It turns out they gave that car to me and they bought a new one! They originally planned on surprising me about the new car, but I found out when I peeked through the balcony and saw them getting off from the new car. Haha!
- Blogged for 3 years. I wrote in Multiply (who else did? ?) but I started blogging in 2016 because I was inspired by Camie Juan. I found her blog back in 2013!
- Traveled solo.
- Traveled in 8 countries: Singapore, Thailand, Poland, Finland, Germany, Ukraine, USA, and, of course, Sweden.
- Went on a cruise for 23 hours. It’s more of a party cruise, though! My friend also joked about us getting drunk ON the water. Get it?
- Experienced business class twice… FOR FREE. AAAAAAH. Best. Travel. Experience. Ever. Haha. I rarely travel then so I was ecstatic when I got a free upgrade for the first time. The second time was a premium economy seat but the premium economy seating style for flights to Stockholm in Thai Airways is like the seats in business class.
- Moved to Sweden. The greatest (and unexpected) achievement I did!❤️ I also write about what it’s like to work and live in Sweden.
Obviously, my reverse bucket list is not in proper order. Haha. There’s a lot more that I want to write here but those on the list are one of the best memories I had.
Oh, the fun I’ve had. I cannot wait to see what’s in it for me starting 2020!
It’s your turn now! Do you have similar experiences? What are the happenings in your life (in the past decade) that you find memorable or interesting?
Start writing your own reverse bucket list too and share it with me in the comments below! I would love to read yours too. ❤️