Happy new year!
Tomorrow starts another year. My 2016 had been full of struggles that I don’t even want to look back. In fact, I am having doubts whether I should write a review in the year 2016 or not. But these struggles took me to where I am now; which I am really thankful for.
Well, you are reading this now and I’m telling you, this is going to be a lengthy post. So, please hang in there!
First of all, I would like to say thank you to my readers and to everyone around me. Last year wouldn’t be any happier without you! I really appreciate it, and I hope you’ll stay in my life this year too!
Let’s have an awesome 2017, shall we?
I’m going to go over the past few months. The best things that happened, the worst and everything else.
- I get excited when its somebody else’s birthday. Friends don’t need to see and talk to each other all the time. But it really makes me happy when we get to see each other on special occasions.
- Free dance lesson at work. I used to dance when I was in high school, and I really miss dancing. My friend, Ram, who is a really good dancer, took the initiative to start a dance lesson. I was ecstatic at first, but I got too shy on that day so I decided to just watch them. Lol.
- I drove on my OWN. I’m so proud. Haha. I never wanted to drive on my own, though I don’t mind driving as long as I have company.
- I found out I’m carrying an expired driver’s license. The guard was asking for my license, so I gave mine. Then he asked if I have a newer driver’s license. The question was baffling at first, because I didn’t know that there’s a new driver’s license or anything. I only realized he was asking for my renewed license. That was embarrassing!
- I’ve always had issues with my body weight. I’ve eaten a lot – a lot more than you can imagine – but I still find it difficult to gain weight. I have undergone several tests because of my symptoms: thyroid disease, diabetes and heart disease. It was depressing. How could my year start like that?
- It’s Yumi’s first birthday! She’s a Siberian Husky and was added to our family last 2015. She’s my 4th dog, and probably the last one for now. I can’t manage more than 4 dogs.
- My high school friends and I had our first ever weekend getaway. We’ve been friends for 7 years (but I’ve been MIA for so many years as well), and it was only this year when we finally had a getaway.
- A very simple Valentine’s day celebration.
- Never-ending medical tests.
- The last week of February is my most-awaited week. Because… that’s when I will find out how much my increase will be! My manager gave me a letter, I read my increase and I also read that they are promoting me! Yay!
- Remember the tests that I had? I found out that it wasn’t that serious and the conclusion that my doctor had is I have an acid reflux! Which is such a relief because at least I don’t have a thyroid disease, or diabetes or heart disease.
- Long vacation. I was on leave for more than 1 week. I missing staying up late and waking up late!
- A company outing at Laresio Lakeside Resort & Spa.
- I became ISTQB-certified! All the hard work has paid of. It was an easy exam so I’m sure you’ll pass that as well.
- We booked a ticket to Korea! I woke up in the middle of the night because of the non-stop notifications on FB. Apparently, there’s a seat sale in Cebu Pacific.
- My month for socialization. Everything happened in this month.
- I had dinner with my college friends, another dinner with my high school friends, and lunch with my friend who I haven’t seen since high school!
- Staycation at Casile in Laguna. My co-worker’s family has a rest house there and he invited us for a quick staycation after work.
- Weekend getaway to Baler, Aurora! It was my first time to surf. It was scary at first because I especially hate falling into the water, but I had fun.
- World Streetfood Congress! Need I say more? It’s food!
- First time to see Up Dharma Down LIVE.
- My friends and I booked tickets to Cebu.
- While this month sounds fun and exciting, I’ve been crying every single day; even at work. I wasn’t able to work properly. I want to stay home all the time and shut people out. It was really the most difficult time I’ve ever had in my entire life. I’m not overreacting though!
- And since I’m down, I made a wrong decision: shopping. I spent all my extra money and exceeded my credit limit. I even spent the money that I was going to use for something more important (a.ka. my sister’s tuition fee – I pay half of her tuition fee). That decision is still haunting me – I’m in debt.
- I finally made a decision. I need to let go.
- But, life goes on.
- Hello, unplanned trip to Quezon.
- I finally cut my hair short! I have had a long hair for years, but I’ve always wondered what I would look like if I have a short hair.
- Aside from my new hairdo, I started changing my wardrobe. I no longer want to wear t-shirts AND pants, I prefer wearing skirts now.
- A lot of explaining to do to my friends and family because of the decision that I made.
- I’ve felt down at work. I don’t feel any sense of accomplishments anymore, I dreaded going to work. I’m not having fun at work.
- A lot of people started resigning at work. What’s worse is those people are my close friends.
- I started to apply to different companies. I’ve been invited for interviews but I had to decline the invitation especially when I read bad reviews about the company.
- I received a job offer. The place is okay, its in Alabang. They gave my asking salary. The catch? 10-hours of work from Mondays to Fridays. Only 5 sick and vacation leaves per year. Nope.
- Finally visited Pinto Art Museum.
- Had the worst stomach pain ever. Who said I could drink vodka when I have an acid reflux? Lol.
- Goodbye, black hair! Ahhhhh, yes! Finally. I changed my hair color. This is the most exciting thing that happened to me this month. I wanted to have an ash brown hair, but I was told that it’s either they’ll bleach my hair or they’ll color my hair twice to do ash brown. I passed on the offer, so for now I had a golden brown color.
- After considering a lot of things, I moved out of our house and started living on my own.
- I question everything: should parents really consider their children as a source of their retirement fund? Why is that a thing in the Philippines?
- When will I ever enjoy my entire salary?
- Of course, I never wanted that to happen to my future children so I’ve decided to invest my money on something important. I got a life insurance.
- I started to think about my future. Aside from Philam, I started investing in mutual funds. Financial freedom, here I come!
- Roadtrip with my co-workers! We went from one place to another and just enjoyed each other’s company.
- Friday nightout! A much-needed break.
- Oh, did I mention I love surprises? I surprised someone with custom-made pig cupcakes. The cupcakes are soooo cute.
- I have a new blog theme!
- I started with my medications again and I have to do it for a month. Geez, why are the medicines so expensive? One tablet costs Php70, and I have to take it 3x a day. The generic ones are Php40, at least it’s cheaper.
- I bought a rubber shoes and decided to jog
everydaytwice a week. Well, I only used my shoes once. Lol.
- For the second time, I’ve given up. I no longer want to work at the company. I started to look for a job again.
- Been having doubts about my blog. My blog is boring. I wanted to delete everything and start anew.
- Trip to Quezon again.
- I’m starting to realize that I haven’t been traveling lately. Why do I still wonder though, when I spent all my money already. Lol.
- It’s my birthday month!
- I have a new necklace! I found the necklace that I wanted in Pandora, and never thought that somebody will give it to me as a birthday gift.
- Exactly one day before my birthday, I received a job offer from a company that I wanted to work at. OMG. I wanted to shout out of excitement.
- It was my first time to get an invitation at a product launch.
- I finally visited Sundowners Vacation Villas.
- I accepted the job offer then filed for a resignation afterwards.
- Now it’s time to prepare for a new job – this month I was busy preparing for my job requirements.
- Since I wanted to have something new in my blog, I started by having my brand. I purchased pre-made logos and updated my pictures. In addition to that, I also created my editorial calendar. I decided to post every Monday.
- Korea Trip! But, I didn’t go with my friends. To be honest, I was really, really, really jealous.
- Late at night, around 10PM, somebody from the US called me. She said she’s calling from a certain agency in New Zealand and gave me a great news about my chance to work there. I’m still having doubts about it but let’s see what will happen.
- What’s the worst thing that could happen when you are living from paycheck to paycheck? Well, for the record, ever since the 15th, I haven’t received any salary. I really can’t imagine myself how I would be able to survive until the next payday – which is on December.
- Last day at my first company.
- The only rest that I got is the weekend. I started working at a new company.
- Christmas party with highschool friends, and another christmas party with my college friends.
- Reconnecting with old friends – I can’t wait to see them soon!
- It was really unfortunate when I wasn’t able to go to Korea, but, the good news is I’m going to Japan next year! Yay!
- Finally, I said goodbye to my 0 balance at my payroll account. Lol. Hello, salary! I missed you so much.
- Before I let this year-end, I changed my hair color again. And finally, it’s ash brown hair!
How was your year so far?
I’d love for you to join my first ever linkup party! It’s a great way to meet new people and make friends from around the world. I will be leaving comments to every added links here. 🙂 So, add a link to your 2016 review blog post!