What would be the best gift to receive? This! A getaway to Sundowners Vacation Villas. Santorini-themed villas in Bolinao, Pangasinan.
Actually, I was supposed to celebrate my birthday last year here. Our trip was moved to this year because of some unfortunate events. No regrets though! All I want is to go here.
One of my travel goals is to visit Santorini someday. Since I’m not financially ready yet for my Santorini trip, the least that I can do now is visit Santorini-inspired places. When I first saw the pictures of Sundowners Vacations Villas online, I instantly fell in love with it. I like its Santorini-themed villas; I’ve always wanted to go to Santorini but this will do for now!
Sundowners Vacation Villas is just a 5-hour drive from Manila. We hit the road as early as 3 on a Friday morning. The check-in time at Sundowners is 2PM. Though we were able to check-in at around 1:30 PM.
How to book?
- Visit their website and choose the villa/s that you want to book.
- Contact them at their hotline numbers or send them a message on Facebook.
- Globe: 0977 859 7299
- Smart: 0998 544 8070
- Landline: (02) 964 5108
- After booking, you will receive a copy of your contract.
- Pay the 50% down payment within two days.
- Lastly, send them back a copy of the signed contract and deposit slip.
Sundowners Vacation Villas
Sundowners Vacation Villas will be your sweet escape from the big city. Every villa has a fully equipped kitchen with dining/bar area, air-conditioned bedroom/s, bathrooms with hot and cold showers, spacious balcony and grilling area.
We rented the couple villa which is good for 2 – 8 people. Rent per night is Php5,000 for 4 people and below. However, there is an additional Php1,000 per person if beyond 4 people.
The couple villa has 1 bedroom with queen-sized bed and bathroom. The following are the villa inclusions:
- Exclusive use of the entire villa and its amenities
- Free access to infinity pool and Jacuzzi area, and infinity pool area with kiddie pool
- Free use of kayaks, canoe and rafts on our sea-front area
Note: if guests are renting the Master villa, only the Master villa quests can use the infinity pool and Jacuzzi area.
Since Sundowers Vacations Villas has a No Corkage Fee policy, you can bring your own food and drinks. Also, you cook your own food inside the villa. If you don’t want to cook your own food, you can order at their restaurant that serves dishes under Php200 instead.
- The appropriate time to book a villa is 2 to 3 months in advance.
- They do not allow credit card payments. The 50% down payment is deposited through their BPI bank account, and the remaining 50% is paid in cash upon check-in.
- Check-in time is 2:00 PM. Check-out time is 11:30 AM.
- Wash all the used kitchen utensils before you check-out. Otherwise, you will need to pay the charge for Php350.
- They do not provide any dishwashing soap, so you need to bring your own.
- Sundowners Vacation Villas is a vacation house, not a hotel. Make sure you bring your own toiletries.
- They provide a 5-gallon water upon check-in.
- You don’t need to bring you own towels. When we stayed there, they already provided us towels.
- House pets are allowed. I REPEAT. House pets are allowed! There is an addition Php500 per pet though. (I’m going to bring my dogs next time!)
- There are villas that have a private pool.
- They do not have a beach. Though the villas are overlooking the beach.
- Make sure you visit the Patar beach, Bolinao Lighthouse, Bolinao Church, Bolinao Falls and Enchanted Cave.
- Couple Villa: Php4,000 per night (Note: it was booked last year. The updated price is Php5,000)
- Food for two: Php890 (This includes our snacks, dinner and breakfast)
Date of visit: October 28-29, 2016
Did I enjoy my stay? YES! I’m definitely going back. In fact, my friends and I have been thinking about visiting Sundowners Vacation Villas next year. We are eyeing the Linda Villa!
For more information about Sundowners Vacation Villas, you may visit their website.